APJ Abdul Kalam Biography
11th President of India 25 July 2002 – 24 July 2007
Name -Dr . Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam
Date of Birth-15 October 1931 (age 79)
Place – Rameshwaram, Madras Presidency, British Raj
Spouse(s) – Null
Profession – Aerospace Engineer Administrator
Religion – Islam
APJ Abdul Kalam Wiki
According to the APJ Abdul Kalam biography profile, Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kala was born on the 15th day of October 1931 in Rameshwaram, Madras Presidency, Indian Empire. More popularly known as Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam this man was the 11th President of India, serving from 2002 to 2007. The APJ Abdul Kalam biography profile tells us that He was nominated president during the term of the National Democratic Alliance (India) coalition government under Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. The APJ Abdul Kalam biography profile also reveals that during his tenure as President, he was prevalently known as the People’s President.
The biography of APJ Abdul Kalam reveals
- He graduated in physics from St. Joseph’s College, Tiruchirapalli.
- After that Abdul Kalam completed his graduation in Aeronautical Engineering with a diploma in the mid-1950s from the Madras Institute of Technology.
- As the Project Director, he was greatly occupied with the advancement of India’s first aboriginal Satellite Launch Vehicle (SLV-III).
- According to the biography of APJ Abdul Kalam Dr. kalam had a major role to play in developing many missiles in India including Agni and Prithvi as the Chief Executive of the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (I.G.M.D.P).
- The APJ Abdul Kalam biography profile reveals that he was also the Chief Scientific Adviser to the Prime Minister and the Secretary of Defence Research and Development Organisation from July 1992 to December 1999.
- Today, apj abdul kalam is one of the leading aerospace engineers of india.
The biography of APJ Abdul Kalam reveals that he is a person who likes to voice his opinions.
- Kalam wrote this book India 2020, in which he is vocal about an action plan to build up India into a knowledge superpower and a developed nation by the year 2020.
- He has also worked on India’s nuclear weapons program so as to affirm India’s position as a future superpower.
- He has projected a research program for initiating the development of bio-implants.
APJ Abdul Kalam biography profile features
- On April 29, 2009, he became the first Asian to be bestowed with the Hoover Medal.
- The Government of India has honored him with some of the country’s highest civilian awards like the Padma Bhushan in 1981.
- APJ Abdul Kalam biography profile also says he was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 1990.
- He was awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1997.
As per the biography of APJ Abdul Kalam he is one of the foremost men in the league of legendary men who have inspired and contributed towards nation building.