Dhirubhai Ambani Biography, Wiki
Dhirubhai Ambani Biography
Born – 28 December 1932(1932-12-28) Chorwad, British Raj
Died – 6 July 2002(2002-07-06) (aged 69) Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Nationality – Indian
Occupation – Business Magnate; Chairman of Reliance Industries
Religion – Hinduism
Spouse – Kokilaben Ambani
Children – Mukesh Ambani, Anil Ambani
Dhirubhai Ambani Wiki
The biography of Dhirubhai Ambani reveals that he was the founder of Reliance Industries. He was born on 28 December 1932. The Dhirubhai Ambani biography profile presents a rags-to-riches story. At present his company has a combined fortune of 60 billion dollars. Dhirubhai Ambani’s name has appeared in the Forbes billionaires list and also in the list of top 50 top businessmen of Asia.
- Dhirubhai Ambani Biography profile revels that he was the son of Hirachand Gordhandhas Ambani who was a school teacher in Gujarat. With a modest income.
- Dhirubhai had two sisters and two brothers.
- The biography of Dhirubhai Ambani divulges that his introduction to entrepreneurship was by selling bhajias to pilgrims in Mount Girnar.
- He passed his matriculation exams at the age of sixteen. Then he travelled to Aden in Yemen. He worked as a gas station attendant and then as a clerk in oil company. He opened a textile trading company.
- Dhirubhai Ambani Biography profile features that after ten of living in Aden he came back to India and started a Majin Corporation with Champaklal Damani as a partner. Champaklal had accompanied him to Yemen. This partnership ended in 1965.
- Dhirubhai Ambani Biography profile reveals that he in 1966 he opened his first textile mill at Naroda in Ahmednagar. He started the brand Vimal. A World Bank team visited the manufacturing unit and highly appreciated the level of excellence. By 1980 his fortune crossed the 1 billion mark.
- In 1982 Ambani began to introduce diversification in his business thorough chemicals, petrochemicals, plastic, power etc.
- According to the Dhirubhai Ambani Biography profile he was criticised for bending government rules to suit his own needs and thus acting unethically on various grounds. Nevertheless his entrepreneurship skills were highly praised.
The biography of Dbhirubhai Ambani says that he died on June 24 2002. He is survived by his wife Kokilaben Ambani and his two sons Mukesh and Anil and two daughters Nina Kothari and Deepti Salgaonkar. Reliance Industries ahs also entered the Telecom, Insurance and Internet Businesses sector. The biography of Dhirubhai Ambani shows that his saga embarked upon a new era following which several entrepreneurs have come up and received global recognition.