Mahatma Gandhi Biography
Born – 2 October 1869(1869-10-02) Porbandar, Bombay Presidency, British India
Died -30 January 1948(1948-01-30) (aged 78) New Delhi, Union of India
CauseĀ of death – Assassination (three bullets in the chest)
Resting place – Rajghat, New Delhi, India
Nationality – Indian
Other Names – Mahatma Gandhi, Bapu
Alma mater – University College London, University of London
Religion – Hinduism
Spouse – Kasturba Gandhi
Children – Harilal, Manilal, Ramdas, Devdas
Parents – Putlibai Gandhi (Mother) Karamchand Gandhi (Father)
Mahatma Gandhi Wiki
The biography of Mahatma Gandhi is an inspiring read. He lived from October 2 1869 to 30th January 1948. The Mahatma Gandhi Biography profile initiated the satyagraha movement which made its place in the struggle for independence of India.
- The Mahatma Gandhi biography profile reveals that his father was Karamchand Gandhi a diwan of the state of Porbander. His mother Putlibai was from the Hindu Pranami Vaishnava community.
- His mother was a pious lady and Mahatma Gandhi grew up learning about the strict Jain traditions which helped the Mahatma Gandhi biography summary become a tale of motivation. He imbibed in himself the values of tolerance and sacrifice for others.
- The biography of Mahatma Gandhi reveals that from the epics of Sharavana and Harishchandra he learnt the values of honesty.
- According to Mahatma Gandhi Biography summary when he was 13 he was married to the 14 years old Kasturba Gandhi. Later they had four children.
- The Mahatma Gandhi biography profile divulges that he was an average student and passed his matriculation exam from Samaldas College at Bhavnagar Gujarat. On September 1988 he travelled to London to train receive training as a barrister in the University College London according to the biography of Mahatma Gandhi.
- After several failed attempts to establish a career Mahatma Gandhi biography summary says that he left for South Africa in April 1893.
- Mahatma Gandhi biography profile says that in South Africa Mahatma Gandhi was shocked to discrimination between races. Thus racism and social prejudices shook up Gandhi. He was involved in the civil rights movement in South Africa.
- The biography of Mahatma Gandhi divulges that the struggle for the independence of India saw many movements under his leadership like the Satyagraha, Non cooperation movement, the Dandi march and finally the Quit India movement. Accordint to the Mahatma Gandhi Biography summary it was these agitations by Gandhi that stirred up the masses and forced the British to leave India.
- Though the British left India Mahatma Gandhi Biography profile says that he was pained to see India being partitioned.
The Mahatma Gandhi Biography profile reveals that he was assassinated on 30th January 1948 by a Hindu extremist Nathuram Godse. The biography of Mahatma Gandhi upholds the virtues of truth and non violence and their effectiveness in daily life