Michael Jackson Biography, Wiki
Michael Jackson Biography
Born – August 29, 1958(1958-08-29) Gary, Indiana, U.S.
Died – June 25, 2009(2009-06-25) (aged 50) Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Birth Name – Michael Joseph Jackson
Also known as – Michael Joe Jackson
Genres – R&B, pop, rock, soul, dance, new jack swing, funk, disco
Occupations – Singer-songwriter, record producer, composer, musician, dancer, choreographer, actor, businessman, philanthropist
Instruments – Vocals, piano, drums, beatbox, guitar
Years active – 1964–2009
Labels – Motown, Epic, Legacy
Associated Acts – The Jackson 5, Slash
Michael Jackson Wiki
Michael Jackson was born on August 29 1958. He was of American origin. The biography of Michael Jackson says that he was a recording artist, singer, songwriter, musician and philanthropist. He is referred to as the King of Pop and almost worshipped by millions of fans all over the world. According to the Michael Jackson Biography profile in the Guinness Book of World Records he has been called the most successful entertainer of all times.
- The biography of Michel Jackson reveals that he was eight of the ten children born to Katherine Esther Scruse and Joseph Walter Jackson who lived in Gary in Indiana. He had three sisters and five brothers. His sixth brother soon died after birth.
- Michael Jackson recognised his father strict discipline as the reason behind his success. But he also admitted that he was regularly tortured mentally and physically by him. In an interview by Oprah Winfrey which was broadcast in February 1993 he reveals the saddening story of childhood abuse.
- This ill treatment during childhood days affected his personal life and also resulted in dissatisfaction of his facial features. Later he was diagnosed with vitiligo and lupus. He underwent several surgeries on his face and also rhinoplastic surgeries.
- According to the Michael Jackson Biography profile in 1994 he married Elvis Presley and later to his nurse Debbie Rowe with whom he had two of his eldest children. In 2002 a third child was born to the artist whose mother’s identity is unknown.
- He was also accused and later released on charges of child sexual abuse.
- Michael Jackson Biography profile features that he released his only autobiography in 1988 called Moonwalker.
- He started performing in 1964 in a band formed by the Jackson brothers.
- From the biography of Michael Jackson we come to know that the album Thriller was a bestseller of all times. Off, The Wall, Bad, Dangerous and History are his other popular albums. His videos Bean It, Billie Jean, Thriller, Black or White and Scream is behind the success of present day pop music.
- He attracted huge number of fans with his unique dance style moonwalk and robot. His music had influences from hip hop, contemporary R&B and rock music.
- According to the Michael Jackson Biography profile he has won 13 Grammy words and 26 American Music Awards.
- He has been on three world tours the Bad World Tour, Dangerous World Tour and History World Tour. The This Is It tour which was supposed top happed in 2009-10 was cancelled due to his sudden demise.
The Michael Jackson Biography profile features that his fortune was worth $236 billion at the time of his death.
He died on his bed on June 25 2009 due to cardiac arrest. Before his death he was on drugs propofol and lorazepam. The world at large mourned the death of the legend. Though his life was laid with controversies he has inspired modern dance in a way no one else ever had.